10 new facebook features
With it's growing popularity, Facebook has started thinking out of the box and smarter in terms of the features the site provides to it's users. Facebook has promisingly grew in all aspects, be it security or features or advertisements, Facebook is penetrating in every vertical to be and stay the best amongst others. From allowing user to view 360-degree view video to video as profile picture, Facebook has topped again in improving user experience on Facebook.
Here are 10 new features of Facebook:
1 Live Streaming: Feeling lazy for clicking every video you come across on your home page. Facebook has worked overtime to get this make-me-lazy thing of clicking play button every time. Now you can see the videos auto played when ever you hover your mouse's cursor over it-moving the cursor away will obviously stop the video. By default, the video will play in mute, clicking on sound icon will play up the video. You can always turn of this by reaching Settings > Videos>> Click the dropdown menu next to Auto-play Videos and select Off.
2. Mentions app for verified users: Facebook has rolled out this new feature for the verified users. These verified user include journalist, celebrities and some one out of reach for. This feature lets the verified users engage with their followers and share the content. Interested user have to fill a online form before they can download and use the app.
3. Notes: Facebook has recently upgraded the notes feature making it more or like a blog posts. Manage your notes on Facebook, hover mouse on More below your cover picture, find Notes under that, check it and edit it at your ease. Add title, write something from mind and if you're okay with what you have typed, you may publish it. You can manage the ordering of more options.
"We’re rolling out an update to make notes on Facebook more beautiful and customizable. Notes are now an even better way to write a longer post and share with anyone — whether it’s a small group of friends or everyone on Facebook," said the company in a statement.
4. 360 degree video: Facebook updated its News Feed with support for 360-degree videos. The feature displays the user an entire scene in virtual reality. The company worked with Oculus, the VR headset maker it acquired in 2014, to develop the feature.
5. Video as profile picture. Another awesome feature gifted is video profile picture, imagine a happy shocking face, surprised on his/her birthday as profile picture. Awesome right? Users can also set a temporary profile picture that reverts to their old picture at a specific time.
6. Dislike button: Instead of commenting "Disliked" for something you don't like on Facebook, use Dislike button, but with a different taste. The company has rolled out expressive reactions that includes "Love," "Haha," "Yay," "Wow," "Sad" and "Angry."
7. Video Suggestions: One step towards making you view more videos on Facebook, going youtube way on Facebook. Once you are done with watching a video, suggestions opens up. In a statement said "In addition to helping people find more videos they may be interested in, we know people sometimes want to multitask while they watch videos. To make this possible, we’re testing a way for people to watch a video in a floating screen while simultaneously multitasking on Facebook."
8. Instant Articles: Spend more time on Facebook ? Company has added this feature to keep users on Facebook keeping their business on. According to the social-networking giant, the feature will improve the load times of news stories on its mobile app by as much as 10 times. Also, Instant Articles is not just about faster load times, it also includes other features like interactive maps, image zoom, autoplay videos and audio captions.
9. Facebook goes real-time: Get into the talk with internet with this new feature. As this feature lets you find the search conversations about news shared publicly. As part of the feature, Search shows users what the world is saying about topics that matter and how their friends and family are reacting.
10 Notification tab leans your way: Get to know about community news and events, storm warnings, weather information and suggestions for television programmes or nearby movies. These notifications can also be customized according to happenings around the community.